For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Senior Scientist (m/f/i) – Extended Characterization of NBEs and Aggregates / NBE Analytical R&D
For the NBE Analytical R&D Department in Development Sciences at AbbVie’s Ludwigshafen site in Germany, we are seeking an enthusiastic Senior Scientist to conduct hands-on in depth characterization of biotherapeutical proteins. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced scientist with a strong background in mass spectrometry and deeper understanding of protein aggregation.
- Your tasks will be the characterization of monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug-conjugates and fusion proteins
- You will coordinate the protein characterization approaches within the NBE department and perform sample preparation, data analysis, scientific evaluation and reporting for scientific and routine LC/MS workflows to elucidate degradation and aggregation pathways
- In addition, you will be responsible for the provision of scientific expertise and engagement in cross-functional teams within AbbVie
- You hold a PhD degree in chemistry, (structural) biology, pharmacology or related field and have at least 5 years of experience in comprehensive characterization of monoclonal antibodies in industry or academia
- Due to your previous work experience you have a strong understanding of the biological relevance of protein modifications and deep expertise in protein characterization by mass spectrometry (e.g. peptide Mapping, intact mass analysis) and you are skilled to analyze and present data in broader context and eager to defend data during scientific debate
- Advanced knowledge in protein aggregation mechanisms and protein folding is strongly desired
- Additional protein analytical experience (e.g. SEC, IEX, HIC, CE) is beneficial
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services
- As a global acting company we presume excellent communication skills, including written and oral English and German
WE OFFER YOU
- A challenging job with high personal responsibility in a committed and competent team. We are happy to accompany your on-boarding process and support you during your first steps in your new role
- We create the ideal environment for focused and passionate work, providing our employees with the utmost flexibility to tailor their daily work to their individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany as well as a wide range of career paths and opportunities for further development
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.