IT Analyst m/f/t
RWE AG, Essen, Germany (DE)
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we invest heavily in the expansion of our renewables' capacities. Our broad portfolio includes flexible, conventional energies and helps us provide clean, reliable and affordable electricity. 120 years of experience in the energy world and our four operative segments – renewable energies, lignite and nuclear power, European electricity generation from gas, coal, hydropower and biomass as well as global energy trading – are the foundation for the innovations of tomorrow. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
Your future plans
Shape Y(OUR) future in the CIO OFFICE @ RWE.
Join us on our way and play an important role in our newly founded CIO Office!
Together we will build a diverse team with various group-wide responsibilities. Contribute your passion, knowledge and expertise to make the CIO Office a success in the group-wide IT arena.
- Work in a team with a wide range of roles and responsibilities with your special focus on IT Controlling
- Develop a clear view and understanding of group-wide processes and IT requirements to support a strategic roadmap for future IT
- Establish structures, interfaces and strong networks to support the group CIO establishing the new RWE IT governance model as well as a global financial view for the CIO Office and relevant projects
- Support IT Project Portfolio Manager / IT Project Management to create financial transparency within as well as across project estate where applicable
- Develop and maintain the role of a trusted advisor to a defined stakeholder round, supporting them in understanding and managing their costs to agreed budget and headcount targets
- Introduce relevant (management) reporting in alignment with other Controlling functions with the mandate to support a holistic view across the various operating units
- Support the development of services, accountabilities and interfaces in the relevant Opcos (e.g. IT Controlling) in alignment with the respective stakeholder needs
- Actively promote the use of best practice tools, financial models and processes
- Act as a role model with regard to IT innovation, including automation and digitalization initiatives where applicable
- Bring in your skill set and share your knowledge with team members in the CIO Office in comparable positions also with the objective to cross-collaborate and support other roles as and where needed
Your powerful skills
- University education with focus on Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or a similar discipline
- Long-standing professional working experience in a comparable role, preferably with an Energy and/or IT background
- Accountancy qualification preferable
- Strong analytical background with experience in performance reporting (e.g. KPI)
- Experience and confidence in collaborating with different units, operating companies and management levels
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills in German and English that can be applied comfortably across management levels and teams
- Pro-active and solution-oriented working style with an agile mindset that allows you to operate in various team set-ups
- Intrinsic motivation to drive process optimization and proven willingness to change or challenge status quo
Benefits you can rely on
At RWE, you will find all the advantages of a large technology group. And some merits that are even more crucial: openness and real teamwork. For we are open to the future and are building on the strengths of each and every individual. We value his/her work and opinion; we listen, pursue active ideas management and engage in direct exchanges. Respect, appreciation and mutual trust are the hallmarks of cooperation within the international RWE team.
company pension scheme
flexible working times
Family friendly policies